Monday, August 12, 2013

Running of the Bulls?!



So... we're walking to the church one day this week for an appointment and all these workers are in the road putting up these huge fences....Then the next day we're walking to the church and we see a whole wall of advertisements for the running of the bulls... that apparently takes place on the 16th on the same road as our church :)  Needless to say.... we are in the process of planning an appointment at the chapel on the 16th.....haha kidding...but kind of not :)  How legit is that!?!   Sometimes I forget I'm in Spain... but kind of hard to forget when there is A RUNNING OF THE BULLLSS!!!!

Also I've had 4 different people this week ask me if I am Spanish....granted that was before I actually spoke Spanish and blew my cover... but apparently I can pull of the Spanish look... who knew?


So last pday my companions wanted to go to Sol :) because Hma Zitting has been in the Canary Islands and hasn't seen Madrid... and I just love Madrid... so I was a ok with that!!! :) oh man have I told you how much I love Madrid!!  It really is sooo pretty!

I have neglected to mention food and I am soo sorry.  So here you go: occasionally we will eat with the members (always during mediodia) and basically Spanish people love meat, bread, potatoes, and eggs.  We have had a lot of variety of meatballs, different curries, rice with a fried egg on top- no matter what it is it is always accompanied by French bread... which I have a question about... if I'm in Spain... is it Spanish bread?  hmmm   Well meals here are a bunch of appetizers... it is so great.. haven't had anything I haven't liked yet.

Ok enough with that,  so Cesar (this man we are teaching) we took him on a temple tour this week!!!!!!! :) wooohoooo I love the temple!!! I feel so blessed that we are so close to the temple and can take our investigators to feel of that peace!  The Madrid temple has a beautiful stain glass window with the sun, moon, and stars on it... PERFECT way to recap what we've taught him about the Plan of Salvation. We also were able to take him into the waiting room, and oh man, the spirit was so strong... I felt it and I KNOW he felt it and it was such a great moment. 



Maria.... she is a less active that we have recently found, she is a returned missionary and everything (from Madrid mission wooohooo), but she has a problem with smoking... in fact she greeted us for our meeting with a cigarette in her hand... Not going to lie I was worried about how that lesson would go... but it was incredible!!! We read some scriptures and she was just hard... then we started talking about the Atonement and how Christ always loves her...and her entire countenance changed... her eyes!  Oh I wish you could've seen it! ...Her eyes, I could see her testimony, I could see her desire to follow the Savior, and she is now trying to quit smoking.. we've checked on her a few times and she is doing well!!!! I will never cease to be amazed at the change the Atonement can have on people!!! ahh amazing!!!



Well yesterday there was a baptism and some of our investigators came! Side story.... so I'm talking to this lady before the baptism starts and she asks me something about... well what I thought was about if I could sing... so I nod my head and say yes...when in reality I just signed myself up for a musical number... WHY!!! haha   I have never been more grateful for companions... so I didn't have to sing a solo... haha  I really need to learn Spanish...

Anywho!! The baptism was AMAZING!!!!  You know when you can just feel the spirit soooo strong! I just find myself praying all the time that our investigators are feeling the spirit as strongly as I am feeling it!!! I was talking to Kennedy after the baptism (in English :) ) and he loved how it is all so simple but it all makes sense. :) and now he wants to be baptized!!! woohooo. I love this.

Wellllllll yup that was my week :)

Love love love love you all!!!!! have a great week.

Hermana Fowers!

Pictures 1 - 4 - A Pday visit to Sol (the Center of Madrid)





Ice cream here just tastes better.... :) maybe it is just more needed haha I'ḿ not sure

Is that the fanciest McDonalds you've ever seen or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment