Monday, October 7, 2013

Conferencia General

Well how about conference?! :) Pretty great, no?!  Well let me tell you how Conference happens here in Spain.Basically it is a big party on Temple Square! On Saturday we watched the Relief Society Session at 4... and then at 6 they showed the live session of Saturday morning!!! So I watched it at the same time as you!! Just without the pjs... the scones... and the orange julius...

After two sessions of conference I decided I needed to do something to keep the General Conference tradition going... so I dug out the cookbook I brought and found a recipe for pancakes and syrup. :)  I don´t think I have ever been more pleased with myself as I did the moment I found those recipes! :) yay for being prepared!  So Sunday morning we had a nice General Conference breakfast of pancakes and hot chocolate! woohoo! 

Then we were ready to go to the temple at 2 for the Saturday afternoon session... and 6 for the Sunday morning session.  Due to the fact that the Sunday afternoon session was shown from 10 pm-12 am... we didn´t watch that one... haha  But everyone who lives around Madrid just comes and camps out at Temple Square all day :) There is food, people walking around the temple, and just relishing in the spirit of it all!!  Sooo great!

I was definitely uplifted with all the talks that we heard!! ohhhh it was sooooooo goood to listen in English! I don´t think I will ever take that for granted ever again... I didn´t even zone out at all because I was just so amazed that I could understand everything! :) I agree with President Monson: super uplifting sessions!!!!! :)  It was cool to see our investigators come and feel of the spirit and see what the gospel can offer them!!! Also to listen and apply the talks not only to myself but to the people we are teaching was also a really cool experience.
 

Well, want to hear a funny experience!?
So... we are teaching this lady... she is a street contact and was really interested. So we had Lesson 1 (Restoration) with her last week.  It went really well... but she had a lot of questions. Great!  So we come back and teach lesson 2 and invite her to be baptized. She tells us that she has already been baptized. So we start explaining how it is different than the Catholic church blah blah blah...  ´No I was baptized in your church´... I opened my mouth to say something... and then I comprehended what she said...´wait what?!´ haha 
Apparently she was baptized in her country like 30 years ago and failed to mention that when 1. we met her on the street and 2. we had our first lesson and 3. invited her to be baptized the first time.... haha she didn´t even know anything about the Book of Mormon or Joseph Smith...(she´s the one who was teaching her daughter that God is like a spirit)  We were super confused!  I guess 30 years is a lot longer than it appears... :) So now we are working with her to get back to church and working with her 8 yr old daughter.  Never thought that would ever happen...

When we were coming back from conference Hermana Christian came up from behind me, covered my eyes, and ´helped me´on to the escalators... haha one of the scariest moments of my life...´it´s like walking with faith...´ ´but I don´t trust you´

We ate Armenian food again this week! super good... but I´m pretty sure it is entertainment in her house to see how much we can possibly fit in our stomachs. haha They give us sooooo much food and see how much we can eat... and then give us more. This week was Kebabs, potatoes, curry-cauliflower, pizza, and spaghetti...
If everything goes well this week we should have 2 baptisms this week!!  Woohoo!!!  :)  Yay for the gospel!


No comments:

Post a Comment