Monday, July 7, 2014

Besos...

Well, Happy 4th of July! :)
I definitely have to say celebrating the 4th with a Canadian comp is a little anti-climatic... haha she had to put up with me singing patriotic songs and wishing everyone a happy 4th of July! :) but good news... the grocery store had a special American display so I celebrated by buying peanut butter and brownies! :)
  

We had quite a few of miracle lessons this week!! Super cool to see how the Lord works...
-So Tuesday basically everything failed and we ended up contacting a good portion of the day. It got to be towards the end of the day, we were tired and really wanted to have a lesson. I called everyone and their dog and nothing. So my comp was a little down, and I was like it´s alright we´re going to keep contacting down this street and we´re going to find somebody. Not 15 seconds later we ran into 2 members. So we start talking to them and we ended sitting on a bench with them and sharing some scriptures. It was a miracle on all parts. So "C" is a recent convert and was having a hard day, he was really tempted to go to a bar.  But he just happened to run into "R" (who is a member) so they started talking and 5 minutes later we showed up. So as we´re talking the story unfolds and "C" told us that he was praying for strength to overcome his temptation-he then ran into "R".  "R" heard "C"'s situation and was praying for a Book of Mormon because he wanted to share a scripture- then we showed up... and we were praying for someone to teach- and we ran into a miracle!!! Oh man it is incredible how the Lord works. We were able to sit on that bench and feel the spirit so powerfully and feel the love God has for each and every one of his children.
 

- So right before that lesson I was calling a bunch of people trying to set something up and "B" (another recent convert) came to my mind. Turns out she couldn´t that night but we set something up a different day. So we go to her house and have a great lesson- the spirit was super strong. At the end of her lesson she explains that this week has been really hard for her and she has had to make some really big decisions and she really appreciated the spirit that she could feel in the lesson. God is truly aware of all of us..


-We went to a lesson with "E" and she wasn´t there... so we head back to the metro and wait for our train.. The train comes and as we get on we hear someone yelling our names... "E" had just gotten off that very same train and saw us as we got on. So we were able to have our lesson!! There are no such thing as coincidences! :) 


So I am pretty good at avoiding besos... (culture note... everyone kisses cheeks here and we are not allowed to kiss men. obviously). So when a man goes to give us besos we have to awkwardly avoid them.... and it is a skill I have gotten pretty good at.... until this week.  So we are at the house of our Romanian family and there is a man there who really likes the color of my hair. So he starts rubbing my hair.... (weird!)  but I kind of back up and keep the conversation going with the rest of the family but then haha just out of no where this man just grabs my head, pulls me in and kisses my forehead. Dang... I was so proud of my ability to to avoid kisses and as he grabbed my head I was just thinking ´well there is no way to avoid this one´.  So that is the story of my my first ´mission´ kiss story. haha  So disappointed I have one.


The family is actually doing really well.. they told us they would come to church and everything, but they didn´t show up... so we went over Sunday afternoon to see what happened.  They told us they couldn´t come, but were so sorry that they went to the Catholic church... haha kind of missed the point of the Restoration.... poco a poco...


I wish you all the best!! :)  Have a great week!
Hna Fowers!


No comments:

Post a Comment