Monday, September 29, 2014

So storks are a real thing...

So Alcalá is famous for its storks... you know like the big birds that bring babies to people...
Well they have storks here, so occasionally we will look up to the sky and just see these ginormous birds flying over head. I really feel like I´m in Hogwarts at these moments, because I think that is what it would be like to have buckbeak flying overhead. Every time I just really hope they don´t poop on us... that would be a disaster. 

So umm... this week... I don´t really even feel like I was in my area because one day I was at the mission home for a meeting and I was on intercambios for another.  Oh my gosh can I just say that I love President and Hermana Jackson. Everytime I am with them I just am so glad to be a missionary and just want to be so much better. They are incredible... plus Hermana Jackson cooks so well. 

We met with some really solid people this week:
-"R" -  We met with her for the 2nd time this week, she came to our lesson with her Book of Mormon in hand, having read the chapters we left for her. Beautiful. Then we taught her the Plan of Salvation. She loved it. ´This is different than everything I´ve ever been taught, but it makes sense´... and that is because it is true. So she´s awesome and I´m super excited for her.

-"L"- We met her on the street, come to find out she had been meeting with the missionaries in her country before she moved here 4 months ago.  We started teaching the Restoration and really talked a lot about families...come to find out she had lost one of her children and she just started crying as we talked about the gift of having eternal families. During that lesson I was so grateful that I truly know that my family can be together forever... I don´t know what I would do without that knowledge and I don´t want anyone else here to have to live without that knowledge either.

-Yesterday we went to a concert put on by one of the senior couples here (the Sullivans-who were in the Motab)... We drove in a big car full of members and recent converts and it was so fun! The concert was in Pavones (by the temple) so I got to see everyone from Barrio 6... LOVED THAT SO MUCH!!!

-But funny thing happened - (Ok background story- so we found this guy on the street and invited him to English class, and he came so then we taught him a lesson... and he really understood the significance of the Restoration.  We invited him to be baptized on the 27 of September...but then we found out he was out of our area so we passed him off)  Well he came up to me yesterday and told me he got baptized yesterday... haha  Say what?  I think that is the first time in my mission where someone got baptized on the first fecha we offered them.  Pretty cool right!? :)
Love you lots!




No comments:

Post a Comment